The Mission of the Home and School Association of St Mary’s School is to help parents and teachers to develop a mutual understanding and appreciation of the ideals of Catholic education. SMS Home and School Association shall provide for programs, opportunities and funds which will assist the children in developing a personal and community lifestyle grounded in Catholic teaching and Gospel values, foster the religious, intellectual, physical, cultural and social development of each child and enhance the ability of parents to participate actively and effectively in their child’s education.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The purpose of our Home and School Association is to serve as a liaison between the homes of the students attending St. Mary’s and the school. It functions as a subcommittee of the St. Mary’s School Board. The objectives of the Association are:
Meetings are held in the cafeteria and are open to all parents or interested adults. To have an item added to the agenda, please contact the Home and School President before the meeting.
- To create an atmosphere which encourages school spirit and a sense of community through volunteerism and fundraising;
- To assist in the development of spiritual and educational growth experiences;
- To provide structure that encourages parents to exercise their role as co-partners with the school in the education of their children;
- To foster communications between home and school and school committee;
- To promote a quality Catholic education;
- To offer thorough well-planned programs, information of interest and value to parents as well as educational enrichment for the students; and
- To provide funding for school projects and programs not already provided for in the school budget.
Executive officers are nominated and voted on in the spring for the following school year. The vice president is nominated and after serving one year in that capacity, becomes president for the following year. Secretary is a 2 year term. For more information about the Home and School Association, please contact one of the executive officers:
Home and School contact info (coming soon)