A school nurse staffs the Wellness office. The school nurse plans wellness programs throughout the year for students and staff. She also cares for students when they become ill at school.
Vision and hearing screening is a service provided for each student at the beginning of each school year.
- All medications taken by students during school hours must adhere to the following guidelines
- Only a licensed school nurse, registered nurse, principal or teacher may administer medication to a student during school hours unless the parent/guardian comes to the school to administer the medication.
- Medication may be administered only according to the written order of a physician and written authorization of the parent/guardian.
- The medication to be administered must be brought to school in a container appropriately labeled by the pharmacy or physician.
- A licensed school nurse or registered nurse may administer medications that are not taken orally or that have some dangerous side effects only.
- All medications should be kept in a locked place.
- Aspirin and similar over-the-counter medications should be considered the same as prescription medications.
- Students may not self-administer medications.
For more information on health and wellness at St. Mary’s please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Wellness Policy
To view the St. Mary’s Health & Wellness policy, click here